Beer Braised BratsPrep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 21 minutes | Servings: | Calories:
Beer braised brats are the perfect summertime meal. Let your meat grinder do the work for you and enjoy delicious brats all season long!
- 5 venison or wild pork bratwurst sausages
- 1 tbsp duck fat or oil
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bottle lager or Pilsner beer
- Sear the sausages in the duck fat on high heat in a skillet.
- Once browned, add the veggies, sauerkraut, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add beer, bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low and cover the pan.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then take off the lid and cook for another 10 minutes, or until liquid reduces to a thick, silky sauce.