Fried Oyster Mushroom TacosPrep Time: | Cook Time: 6-7 minutes | Servings: 4 | Calories:
This recipe is perfect for your next Taco Tuesday. It has traditional taco ingredients, but also lets the mushrooms shine, turning them crispy and meaty.
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup Queso Fresco cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup Hellman’s Real Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Bell Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Slice large oyster mushrooms in half but keep small one’s whole. Rinse them off and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put the flour and all the seasonings in a bowl. Whisk together the milk and eggs in another bowl.
- You can choose to pour enough canola oil into a deep fryer like I did. Or you can pour enough into a cast iron Dutch oven to come up to 2-inches. Heat this to 350°F.
- As the oil is heating, dust the mushrooms in the seasoned flour, into the egg wash, then into the flour again. Shake off the excess flour and fry. You want the oyster mushrooms to be fully cooked so fry them for at least 6 to 7 minutes.
- When they're done, move the oyster mushrooms to a paper towel to drain.
- Serve on warm tortillas with your favorite taco toppings like the ones listed in this recipe.